Process

At the end of September, I met with my principal to discuss the internship and the direction she would like to see it go. She wanted the focus to be on the wiimotes, since it was purchased over the summer, and there's a need for teacher education. Originally, I was going to meet with a group of nine teachers on Thursdays, however, plans changed due to the number of teachers conducting a technology internship in the school. Tom, Brandon and I are all doing an internship so we had to split into two days, Monday and Friday. Tom and I took the Friday group while Brandon took Monday.

Once the groups were formed, Tom and I setup the schedule for the fall/winter meetings. We assigned one meeting for each month: October, November, December, and January. The principal wanted to have just one meeting per month considering all of the extra-curriculars the teachers are involved in. Besides the set meetings, I made myself available every Friday morning for the teachers.

The requirements for the technology learning community are designed by Tom and I as well as the principal. The principal wanted to use the learning community as an option for teachers who are in their observation year. These teachers may choose the community, but will have to be present at all meetings and produce the require artifacts. The artifacts are as follows: create a lesson plan with the wiimote, use the lesson with the students, write a two page lesson reflection, and discuss the lesson during the presentation day.

At the conclusion of the internship, I will have created a blog. For each meeting I will post my feelings of how the meeting went and the outcomes of it. I am eager to see how the progression of the technologies affected the teachers attitudes and feelings. The blog will serve as a journal through the internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment